Remote URL is destroyed on Mac OS
|User & Date:||anonymous 2018-12-10 19:43:39|
- Change foundin to "2.0.0 Beta"
- Change icomment to:
The file ~/Library/Preferences/com.fuel-scm.Fuel.plist stores the value for Key Remotes.xxxx.Url incorrectly under Mac OS if you set a username + password for the remote repo. I am using Fuel 2.0 (the binary from the website) under Mac OS 10.12.6 (16G1618). (Thanks for the very useful program!)
It sets the URL to the value "@Variant(" (without the quotes).
I looked through the source code and suspect something odd with src/Utils.cpp, UrlToStringNoCredentials ??? This is just a guess as I have not debugged it.
With the same input under Windows (using Fuel 2.0 EXE), the program performs fine.
I have attempted to edit the .plist manually (using the form http://username:email@example.com/) but it reverts it to @Variant on startup.
It is still possible to manually edit it for the duration of Fuel running but it's annoying to have to set this every time, particularly if autosync is enabled.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/html"
- Change private_contact to "454d61a0bb20d1de6eb86228929cc5a5b11e83c7"
- Change severity to "Critical"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "Remote URL is destroyed on Mac OS"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"